Robert DeFelice & Associates
INDUSTRIAL DESIGN SOLUTIONS:
A. CONCEPTUAL DESIGN
Most clients' marketing and sales staffs have completed market and consumer research and determined product objectives. However, Robert DeFelice & Associates (RDA) has provided market research studies including focus groups at additional time and fee, and is available to engage focus groups and research client competition, customer preferences and tastes. Market research by RDA would precede the following.
1. Analyze functional requirements, spatial requirements for components and DFMA.
2. Analyze ergonomic/human factors needs and benefits.
3. Create styling sketches.
4. Make 3D mock-ups (cardboard, Foamcore, solid foam models, etc.).
5. Create 3D CAD concepts.
6. Create presentation renderings (Keyshot illustrations).
7. Present design concepts to Client.
B. FINAL CONCEPTUAL DESIGN (Optional)
1. Create one or more additional concepts.
2. Create presentation rendering(s).
3. Create scale model.
4. Present designs and/or model to Client.
C. FINAL DESIGN (In parallel with RDA engineering)
1. Create realistic rendering of anticipated new product.
2. Create, or manage creation of, reduced scale or full-size prototype (3D) model.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS:
A. HOUSING DESIGN:
1. External housing design.
2. Internal EM (electro-mechanical) packaging.
3. EMI-RFI shielding design.
4. Static structural design.
5. Special, custom parts and assemblies.
6. DFMA (Design for manufacturing and assembly): injection molding, RIM molding, vacuum and pressure forming, blow molding, rotomolding, extrusions, castings, machining, sheet metal, stamping, fastening and joining options and finishing (mechanical and chemical).
B. VALUE ENGINEERING:
1. Select best manufacturing materials.
2. Select best manufacturing methods.
3. DFMA (Design For Manufacturing & Assembly).
4. Part simplification.
5. Cost analysis: custom parts vs. COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) parts.
C. MANUFACTURING DOCUMENTATION:
1. 3D CAD (Solidworks, Inventor, Autocad).
2. 2D CAD, ANSI Y14.5, all dimensions (English and Metric), views, tolerances, notes, A-D sizes.
3. Manufacturing tolerance analysis.
4. BOM (Bill Of Materials) and manufacturing notes.
5. Vendor references.
D. MODELS AND PROTOTYPES:
1. Design models in Foamcore or other soft materials.
2. 3D SLA models.
3. Machined models.
4. Functioning prototypes.